Central to Omaha Performing Arts’ mission are educational programs and community outreach efforts that encourage young people and adults to fully appreciate and participate in the performing arts. Omaha Performing Arts’ education initiatives connect to the community through a range of enriching arts and educational experiences, including:
• Master Classes
- workshops designed to give students the chance to learn technique from accomplished artists
• Nebraska High School Theatre Awards
- a program that celebrates, supports and advocates for the importance of high school theatre education
• Student Rush Club
- registered students receive special savings on tickets to select shows
- a program is designed to provide meaningful hands-on training and experience in the areas of arts administration, education and performing arts programming.
For educators and community organizations, Omaha Performing Arts offers:
• Artist Encounters
- bringing artists into schools
• Student Matinee Series
- engaging students in curriculum through the arts
• Arts Access
- subsidized tickets to select community organizations
• Student Jazz Combo Competition
- Omaha Performing Arts is pleased to announce the competition in conjunction with the UNO Great Plains Jazz Festival.
For the latest Education & Community Involvement news, check out our monthly Education Newsletter.
Sign up to receive our Education and Community Engagement E-Newsletter