Frequently Asked Questions
Jazz on the Green is FREE and open to the public. All you have to do is show up!
WHEN AND WHERE CAN WE ARRIVE TO SIT?
The lawn at Turner Park opens for seating at 5 PM with preshow entertainment beginning at 6:30 PM and concerts at 7:30 PM. You may sit in the outer area of the park at anytime. For emergency purposes, sitting on the roads and sidewalks will not be permitted.
- Blankets and chairs. Make your experience more comfortable!
- Sun screen. The sun can get pretty intense while you wait for the concert to start.
- Flat shoes. Heels sink into the grass.
- Pets are allowed bu must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after your pet.
- Outside food and beverages are allowed, excluding hard liquor. Beer and wine are OK.
- Tents. They affect the view of other guests.
- Tarps. They kill the grass.
- Stakes. They present a tripping hazard.
- Open flames including hibachis and citronella candles
- Hard liquor. Only beer, wine and champagne are allowed in Turner Park.
There are two parking garages, accessible from 33rd and Farnam and 33rd and Harney Streets. The first three hours are free and each hour thereafter is only $1 (with a maximum daily fee of $10). Employees and patrons of the
surrounding businesses occupy many of these spots until about 5 PM. Your best chance to find a
garage parking space will be after that time.
Mutual of Omaha
Mutual of Omaha will have its surface parking lots and parking garage open to the public for free beginning at 5 PM. Mutual of
Omaha’s surface lots are located at 36th and Dodge streets; between 35th Avenue and 34th Street off of Dodge; and at 35th and
Farnam streets. The parking garage is accessible from 35th Avenue between Dodge and Farnam streets.
Metered street parking is available along Farnam Street and around the perimeter of Turner Park, accessible from 31st Avenue.
Metered parking is short-term (2 hours maximum) and is monitored Monday through Saturday from 9 AM until 9 PM.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
In the case of inclement weather, we will make any cancellation announcements on our website and social media sites, including
Facebook & Twitter.
CAN WE SMOKE AT JAZZ ON THE GREEN?